egroj world: Linus Olsson • Wes We Can

NOTICE / AVISO

 


As many of you may have noticed apart from the Ulozto problem the main Mega account has been suspended, therefore the blog will be temporarily down until we can restructure and normalise the blog. I appreciate all the support you have shown me. Thank you for your understanding.

 /////// 

Como muchos habrán notado aparte del problema de Ulozto la cuenta principal Mega ha sido suspendida, por consiguiente el blog se verá disminuido temporalmente hasta poder reestructurar y normalizar el blog. Agradezco todas las muestras de apoyo que me han brindado. Gracias por comprender.



Monday, March 14, 2022

Linus Olsson • Wes We Can

 



I began composing in my early teens around the same time that I started to dream about a life in music. Since then, writing my own tunes has always felt like a natural part of being a musician to me. Over time and with experience I believe that I have learned to focus more on the essential in my writing. A musician friend once told me that my tunes seem to “play themselves.” For me it’s important to allow the musicians to express their personality and I also want to leave a lot of space for the interaction between the members ofthe band. This way, we enjoy ourselves on stage and we move the people in the audience who is there to have a good time with us and the music. For me that’s the essence of jazz!

Over the last years I have had the opportunity to work in Nice, Paris and New York
with a lot of different really good musicians. In November 2019 I played two concerts in Paris with Stéphane Guillaume, a saxophonist and flutiste overflowing with energy and creativity, Damien Argentieri, an organist with huge ears and a very solid team player and Antoine Paganotti, a really dynamic and musical drummer.There was such a great chemistry in the band that I thought to myself that it is time that I record a new album with my recent compositions and I want to do it with these musicians!

This repertoire reflects many of my different musical inspirations, jazz, blues, bebop, latin rhythms etc. There is the title track, “Wes We Can,” that I composed thinking about Wes Montgomery, another tune that Iwrote for John Scofield called “Johnny B Sco,” and nods to Brazilian music that I also love. I sincerely hope that you enjoy listening to this music just as much as me and my fellow musicians enjoy playing it!
—Linus Olsson, Nice, France, August 2021
https://www.freshsoundrecords.com/linus-olsson-albums/55224-wes-we-can-digipack.html

///////

Empecé a componer en mi adolescencia, más o menos cuando empecé a soñar con una vida en la música. Desde entonces, escribir mis propias melodías siempre me ha parecido una parte natural de ser músico. Con el tiempo y la experiencia, creo que he aprendido a centrarme más en lo esencial de mi escritura. Un amigo músico me dijo una vez que mis melodías parecen "tocarse solas". Para mí es importante dejar que los músicos expresen su personalidad y también quiero dejar mucho espacio para la interacción entre los miembros de la banda. Así disfrutamos en el escenario y emocionamos a la gente del público, que está allí para pasar un buen rato con nosotros y la música. Para mí, ¡esa es la esencia del jazz!

En los últimos años he tenido la oportunidad de trabajar en Niza, París y Nueva York
con muchos y muy buenos músicos. ¡En noviembre de 2019 toqué dos conciertos en París con Stéphane Guillaume, un saxofonista y flautista desbordante de energía y creatividad, Damien Argentieri, un organista con enormes oídos y un jugador de equipo muy sólido y Antoine Paganotti, un baterista realmente dinámico y musical.Había una química tan grande en la banda que pensé para mí que es hora de que grabe un nuevo álbum con mis composiciones recientes y quiero hacerlo con estos músicos!

Este repertorio refleja muchas de mis diferentes inspiraciones musicales, jazz, blues, bebop, ritmos latinos, etc. Está el tema que da título al disco, "Wes We Can", que compuse pensando en Wes Montgomery, otro tema que escribí para John Scofield llamado "Johnny B Sco", y guiños a la música brasileña que también me encanta. Espero sinceramente que disfruten escuchando esta música tanto como yo y mis compañeros músicos disfrutamos tocándola.
-Linus Olsson, Niza, Francia, agosto de 2021
https://www.freshsoundrecords.com/linus-olsson-albums/55224-wes-we-can-digipack.html


www.linusolssonmusic.com ...





Tracks:
01. Wes We Can (Linus Olsson) 5:40
02. Johnny B Sco (Linus Olsson) 5:32
03. Train Dance (Linus Olsson) 6:09
04. In A Mellow Time (Linus Olsson) 6:06
05. Around the Block (Linus Olsson) 6:52
06. Austerology(Linus Olsson) 5:05
07. Kabalevski (Linus Olsson) 6:02
08. At the End of the Day (Linus Olsson) 4:47
09. Johnny B Sco [Radio Edit] (Linus Olsson) 3:00

Credits:
Linus Olsson (guitar), Stéphane Guillaume (tenor sax, flute), Damien Argentieri (Hammond organ), Antoine Paganotti (drums).
Recorded at Studio des Egreffins, Videlles, October 27 & 28, 2020
Released: 2022
 








MORE Guitar Jazz ...



This file is intended only for preview!
I ask you to delete the file from your hard drive or device after reading it.
thank for the original uploader








 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. 𝑯𝒂𝒔 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒛𝒂𝒅𝒐 𝒑𝒐𝒓 𝒆𝒍 𝒖́𝒍𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒐, 𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒐 𝒔𝒊 𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒂𝒅𝒐 𝒑𝒐𝒓 𝒍𝒐𝒔 𝟑 𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒔, 𝒚𝒂 𝒅𝒊𝒓𝒂́𝒔... 𝘼𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙯🤗. 🖖😷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O sea son 4, pues el 2015 no fue de mi agrado, sí el 2012 que lo tengo en agenda ... me falta uno ...

      Delete
    2. 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝑶𝒍𝒔𝒔𝒐𝒏 [𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟒] 𝑺𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒕 - 𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒎𝒂. 𝙎𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙤. 𝘼𝙗𝙧𝙖𝙯🤗. 🖖😷

      Delete