egroj world: Slim Harpo • Sings Raining In My Heart

NOTICE / AVISO

 


As many of you may have noticed apart from the Ulozto problem the main Mega account has been suspended, therefore the blog will be temporarily down until we can restructure and normalise the blog. I appreciate all the support you have shown me. Thank you for your understanding.

 /////// 

Como muchos habrán notado aparte del problema de Ulozto la cuenta principal Mega ha sido suspendida, por consiguiente el blog se verá disminuido temporalmente hasta poder reestructurar y normalizar el blog. Agradezco todas las muestras de apoyo que me han brindado. Gracias por comprender.



Thursday, July 7, 2022

Slim Harpo • Sings Raining In My Heart



James Isaac Moore (January 11, 1924 – January 31, 1970), known as Slim Harpo, was an American blues musician, a leading exponent of the swamp blues style, and "one of the most commercially successful blues artists of his day". His most successful and influential recordings included "I'm a King Bee" (1957), "Rainin' In My Heart" (1961), and "Baby Scratch My Back" (1966) which reached no.1 on the R&B chart and no.16 on the US pop chart. A master of the blues harmonica, his stage name was derived from the popular nickname for that instrument, the "harp".

///////

Slim Harpo (West Baton Rouge, January 11, 1924 – January 31, 1970) fue un bluesman estadounidense, conocido por su maestría creando sonidos del blues con su harmónica. Su apodo "Harpo" era un derivado de "harp", nombre cariñoso para la harmónica entre los músicos de blues.





Tracklist
A1 Rainin' In My Heart
A2 Blues Hangover
A3 Bobby Sox Baby
A4 I Got Love If You Want It
A5 Snoopin' Around
A6 Buzz Me Baby
B1 I'm A King Bee
B2 What A Dream
B3 Don't Start Cryin' Now
B4 Moody Blues
B5 My Home Is A Person
B6 Dream Girl


Label: Excello ‎– LP 8003
Released: 1964
Genre:Blues
Style: Louisiana Blues, Electric Blues





MORE Slim Harpo ...




This file is intended only for preview!
I ask you to delete the file from your hard drive after reading it.
thank for the original uploader


 


2 comments:

  1. Tony Joe White, progenitor of Swamp Rock, covered "Baby Scratch My Back". I'll have to check out this guy.

    ReplyDelete