egroj world: Harry James And His Orchestra • Wild About Harry

Sunday, October 23, 2022

Harry James And His Orchestra • Wild About Harry

 



Tracklist:
1. Kinda Like The Blues
2. Blues For Lovers Only
3. Countin'
4. Cotton Pickin'
5. Ring For Porter
6. Barn 12
7. What Am I Here For
8. Blues For Harry's Sake
9. Bee Gee
10. Blues On A Count


Credits:
    Arranged By [Uncredited] – Ernie Wilkins (tracks: A1, A2, B2, B3), Herb Lorden (tracks: A5, B1, B4), James Hill* (tracks: A4, B5), Larry Kinnamon (tracks: A3)
    Bass – Russ Phillips
    Drums – Buddy Poor
    Guitar – Allan Reuss
    Liner Notes, Leader – Harry James
    Piano – Larry Kinnamon
    Saxophone – Corky Corcoran, Ernest Small, Francis Polifroni, Herb Lorden, Willie Smith
    Trombone – Robert Edmondson, Herb Harper (tracks: A2, A4 to B1, B3, B4), Ray Sims (tracks: A1, A3, B2, B5), Robert Robinson
    Trumpet – Art DePew (tracks: A1, A3, B2, B5), Robert Rolfe, Don Paladino, Harry James, Nick Buono, Ray Linn (tracks: A2, A4 to B1, B3, B4)

Recorded in May, 1957, in Hollywood.

Label:    Capitol Records – T874, Capitol Records – T-874
Released:    1957
Genre:    Jazz
Style:    Big Band, Swing
https://www.discogs.com/release/3298912-Harry-James-And-His-Orchestra-Wild-About-Harry





MORE Harry James ‎...





This file is intended only for preview!
I ask you to delete the file from your hard drive or device after reading it.
thank for the original uploader





 


3 comments:

  1. Had to share my favorite Harry James anecdote. My parents began dating in 1939 and my father was working as a guide at the NY World's Fair. To impress my mother, he scored some first-row tickets to a Harry James concert that summer at the fair. It was a hot night and my parents sat down with refreshments, in the case of my mother a lemonade with a lemon floating in it, which my mother then proceeded to suck on. Harry James came forward to play, made eye contact with my mother sucking on a lemon and found he couldn't pucker up to play. He pointed them out and had my parents removed from the front row. I laugh every time I think of it . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. It was broadcast live via local radio, so somewhere (I doubt it) there may even be a recording of my parents being removed from the show.

    ReplyDelete