Saturday, September 5, 2026

Mose Allison • Mose Anthology

 


Vol 1

Tracks:
1 - If You Live
2 - The Seventh Son
3 - Eyesight to the Blind
4 - Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me
5 - Lost Mind
6 - I Got a Right to Cry
7 - Baby, Let Me Hold Your Hand
8 - Parchman Farm
9 - Don't Get Around Much Anymore
10 - One Room Country Shack
11 - I Hadn't Anyone Till You
12 - Young Man's Blues
13 - That's All Right
14 - Baby, Please Don't Go
15 - 'Deed I Do
16 - Mad with You
17 - Fool's Paradise
18 - I Love the Life I Live
19 - You're a Sweetheart
20 - I Ain't Got Nobody


Credits:
Mose Allison - Piano, Vocals, Trumpet (selected tracks)

Back Country Suite / Local Color sessions (tracks 1-10):
Mose Allison - Piano, Vocals
Taylor LaFargue - Bass (Back Country Suite)
Addison Farmer - Bass (Local Color)
Frank Isola - Drums (Back Country Suite)
Nick Stabulas - Drums (Local Color)
Recorded March 7, 1957 (Back Country Suite) & November 1957 (Local Color)
Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey

Ramblin' with Mose / Creek Bank sessions (tracks 11-20):
Mose Allison - Piano, Vocals
Addison Farmer - Bass
Ronnie Free - Drums
Recorded 1958
Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey

Compilation:
Compiled by PoppyDisc

Label: PoppyDisc (2017 compilation)
Country: US
Released: April 14, 1962 (original sessions date range) / 2017 (PoppyDisc compilation)
Genre: Jazz, Blues
Style: Blues, Piano Blues, Vocal Jazz, Soul Jazz
Duration: 52:23

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_Country_Suite
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mose_Allison
https://www.jazzdisco.org/mose-allison/discography/
https://www.discogs.com/master/358490-Mose-Allison-Young-Man-Mose


Vol 2

Tracks:
1 - V-8 Ford Blues
2 - Hey, Good Lookin'
3 - Life Is Suicide
4 - Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone
5 - Ask Me Nice
6 - Back on the Corner
7 - If You're Going to the City
8 - I Ain't Got Nothing but the Blues
9 - Swingin' Machine
10 - Stop This World
11 - The Song Is Ended
12 - Meet Me at No Special Place
13 - It Didn't Turn out That Way
14 - I Don't Worry About a Thing
15 - City Home
16 - I Love the Life I Live - UK EP Version
17 - Your Mind Is on Vacation
18 - The Well
19 - Idyll
20 - Stand By


Credits:
Mose Allison - Piano, Vocals, Trumpet (tracks from Young Man Mose)

Young Man Mose sessions (tracks 1-10, Prestige PRLP 7137):
Mose Allison - Piano, Vocals, Trumpet (tracks 6, 7)
Addison Farmer - Bass
Nick Stabulas - Drums
Recorded January 24, 1958, Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, New Jersey

The Word from Mose sessions (tracks 11-20, Atlantic 1458):
Mose Allison - Piano, Vocals
Addison Farmer - Bass
Osie Johnson - Drums
Recorded 1964

Compilation:
Compiled by PoppyDisc

Label: PoppyDisc (2017 compilation)
Country: US
Released: April 14, 1962 (original sessions) / 2017 (PoppyDisc compilation)
Genre: Jazz, Blues
Style: Blues, Soul Jazz, Piano Blues, Vocal Jazz
Duration: 55:20

Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Young_Man_Mose
https://www.jazzdisco.org/mose-allison/discography/
https://www.allmusic.com/album/young-man-mose-mw0000872970
https://www.discogs.com/master/358490-Mose-Allison-Young-Man-Mose





This file is intended only for preview!
I ask you to delete the file from your hard drive or device after reading it.
thank for the original uploader





 

No comments:

Post a Comment