Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Mose Allison • Mose Allison Takes to the Hills

 

 

moseallison.com ...


Tracks:
1 - V8 Ford Blues
2 - Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone
3 - Baby, Please Don't Go
4 - Hey, Good Lookin'
5 - I Love the Life I Live
6 - I Ain't Got Nobody (And Nobody Cares for Me)
7 - Back on the Corner
8 - Life Is Suicide
9 - 'Deed I Do
10 - Ask Me Nice
11 - You're a Sweetheart
12 - Mad with You

Credits:
Mose Allison - Piano, Vocals

Tracks 3, 9 (recorded December 21, 1959 - January 11, 1960, previously on Transfiguration of Hiram Brown):
Addison Farmer - Bass
Jerry Segal - Drums

Tracks 5, 6, 11, 12 (recorded June 30, 1960, previously on I Love the Life I Live):
Henry Grimes - Bass
Paul Motian - Drums

Tracks 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 10 (recorded May 16, 1961):
Aaron Bell - Bass
Osie Johnson - Drums

Compositions:
V8 Ford Blues - Willie Love
Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone - Sidney Clare / Sam H. Stept
Baby, Please Don't Go - Big Joe Williams
Hey, Good Lookin' - Hank Williams
I Love the Life I Live - Mose Allison
I Ain't Got Nobody (And Nobody Cares for Me) - Spencer Williams / Roger Graham
Back on the Corner - Mose Allison
Life Is Suicide - Mose Allison
'Deed I Do - Walter Hirsch / Fred Rose
Ask Me Nice - Mose Allison
You're a Sweetheart - Jimmy McHugh / Harold Adamson
Mad with You - Mose Allison

Production:
Produced by Teo Macero
Re-issued in 1966 as "V-8 Ford Blues"

Label: Epic Records LN 3810 (original LP, 1961)
Country: US
Released: 1961
Genre: Jazz, Blues
Style: Piano Blues, Vocal Jazz, Soul Jazz
Duration: 37:31





This file is intended only for preview!
I ask you to delete the file from your hard drive or device after reading it.
thank for the original uploader





 

No comments:

Post a Comment