1 - Beyond the Blue Horizon
2 - Where I Live
3 - Gongs East
4 - I Gave My Love a Cherry
5 - Good Grief, Dennis
6 - Long Ago (and Far Away)
7 - Tuesday at Two
8 - Nature by Emerson
9 - Far East
10 - Passion Flower
Credits:
Chico Hamilton - Drums
Eric Dolphy - Alto Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute
Dennis Budimir - Guitar
Nathaniel Gershman - Cello
Wyatt Ruther - Bass
Compositions:
Beyond the Blue Horizon - Richard A. Whiting / W. Franke Harling / Leo Robin
Where I Live - Gerald Wilson
Gongs East - Chico Hamilton
I Gave My Love a Cherry - Traditional
Good Grief, Dennis - Carlson Smith
Long Ago (and Far Away) - Jerome Kern / Ira Gershwin
Tuesday at Two - Gerald Wilson
Nature by Emerson - Fred Katz
Far East - Nat Pierce
Passion Flower - Billy Strayhorn
Production:
Produced by Paul Weston
Recorded December 29 & 30, 1958 at Radio Recorders, Hollywood, California
One of the earliest studio recordings of Eric Dolphy
Label: Warner Bros. Records WS 1271
Country: US
Released: 1959
Genre: Jazz
Style: Cool Jazz, West Coast Jazz, Chamber Jazz
Duration: 38:15
Sources:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gongs_East!
https://www.allmusic.com/album/mw0000076834
https://www.discogs.com/master/472034-Chico-Hamilton-Quintet-Gongs-East


No comments:
Post a Comment