egroj world: Howlin' Wolf • The Complete RPM & Chess Singles As & Bs - 1951-1962

NOTICE / AVISO

 


As many of you may have noticed apart from the Ulozto problem the main Mega account has been suspended, therefore the blog will be temporarily down until we can restructure and normalise the blog. I appreciate all the support you have shown me. Thank you for your understanding.

 /////// 

Como muchos habrán notado aparte del problema de Ulozto la cuenta principal Mega ha sido suspendida, por consiguiente el blog se verá disminuido temporalmente hasta poder reestructurar y normalizar el blog. Agradezco todas las muestras de apoyo que me han brindado. Gracias por comprender.



Sunday, December 12, 2021

Howlin' Wolf • The Complete RPM & Chess Singles As & Bs - 1951-1962



Review by Steve Leggett
With his larger-than-life persona, roaring vocals, and the raw, skittering guitar lines of Hubert Sumlin behind him, Howlin’ Wolf turned out dozens of stellar Chicago blues singles for RPM and Chess Records between 1951 and 1962, including “Smokestack Lightnin’,” "Spoonful," "Red Rooster," and the magnificent “Killing Floor,” among many others. All of these, along with his other classic and essential singles (both A- and B-sides) from the first decade of his career, are collected here in this expansive, three-disc, 80-track set, which also includes several sides recorded at sessions during this period but never released.

///////

Traducción Automática:
Reseña por Steve Leggett
Con su personaje más grande que la vida, sus voces rugientes y las líneas de guitarra crudas y deslumbrantes de Hubert Sumlin detrás de él, Howlin 'Wolf produjo docenas de singles estelares de blues de Chicago para RPM y Chess Records entre 1951 y 1962, incluido Smokestack Lightnin '"," Spoonful "," Red Rooster "y el magnífico" Killing Floor ", entre muchos otros. Todos estos, junto con sus otros singles clásicos y esenciales (ambos lados A y B) de la primera década de su carrera, se recogen aquí en este conjunto expansivo de tres discos y 80 pistas, que también incluye varios lados. Grabado en sesiones durante este periodo pero nunca lanzado.





Tracks:

CD 1
1. Riding In The Moonlight
2. Morning At Midnight
3. Passing By Blues
4. Crying At Daybreak
5. Moanin ‘At Midnight
6. How Many More Years
7. My Baby Stole Off
8. I Want Your Picture
9. Wolf Is At Your Door
10. Howlin ‘Wolf Boogie
11. Getting Old And Grey
12. Mr Highway Man
13. Saddle My Pony
14. Worried All The Time
15. Oh, Red
16. My Last Affair
17. All Night Boogie
18. I Love My Baby
19. No Place To Go
20. Rockin ‘Daddy
21. Baby How Long
22. Evil Is Going On
23. I’ll Be Around
24. Forty-Four
25. Who Will Be Next
26. I Have A Little Girl


CD 2
1. Come To Me Baby
2. Do not Mess With My Baby
3. Smokestack Lightning
4. You Can not Be Beat
5. I Asked For Water
6. So Glad
7. Goin ‘Back Home
8. My Life
9. Somebody In My Home
10. Nature
11. Poor Boy
12. Sittin ‘On Top Of The World
13. I Did not Know
14. Moaning For My Baby
15. I’m Leaving You
16. Change My Way
17. Howlin ‘Blues
18. I Better Go Now
19. I’ve Been Abused
20. Mister Airplane Man
21. You Gonna Wreck My Life
22. The Natchez Burning
23. Who’s Been Talking
24. Tell Me
25. Spoonful
26. Howlin ‘For My Baby
27. Wang Dang Doodle


CD 3
1. Back Door Man
2. Little Baby
3. Down In The Bottom
4. Shake For Me
5. The Red Rooster
6. You’ll Be Mine
7. Goin ‘Down Slow
8. Just Like I Treat You
9. I Is not Superstious
10. Mama’s Baby
11. Do The Do
Bonus Tracks
12. Keep What You Got
13. California Blues
14. California Boogie
15. My Troubles And Me
16. Worried About My Baby
17. Brown Skin Woman
18. House Rockin ‘Boogie
19. Driving This Highway
20. The Sun Is Rising
21. Stealing My Clothes
22. I’m The Wolf
23. Highway My Friend
24. Hold Your Money
25. Stay Here Till My Baby Comes Back
26. Crazy About You Baby
27. Streamline Woman




Release Date April 14, 2014
Duration: 03:38:30
Genre: Blues, R&B
Styles:
Chicago Blues
Electric Chicago Blues
Regional Blues
Acoustic Chicago Blues
Early R&B
Electric Memphis Blues
Piano Blues
Jive
Jump Blues










This file is intended only for preview!
I ask you to delete the file from your hard drive after reading it.
thank for the original uploader











 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! Great site, and I love me some Wolf!

    ReplyDelete

  2. thanks for your comment, regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esto es autentico blues, gracias. For ever Howlin' Wolf.

    ReplyDelete