egroj world: Ella Fitzgerald • Lady Time

NOTICE / AVISO

 


As many of you may have noticed apart from the Ulozto problem the main Mega account has been suspended, therefore the blog will be temporarily down until we can restructure and normalise the blog. I appreciate all the support you have shown me. Thank you for your understanding.

 /////// 

Como muchos habrán notado aparte del problema de Ulozto la cuenta principal Mega ha sido suspendida, por consiguiente el blog se verá disminuido temporalmente hasta poder reestructurar y normalizar el blog. Agradezco todas las muestras de apoyo que me han brindado. Gracias por comprender.



Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Ella Fitzgerald • Lady Time



Review by Scott Yanow
This LP places Ella Fitzgerald (then 60) in an unusual setting. Joined only by organist Jackie Davis and drummer Louie Bellson, she tackles a wide variety of material that ranges from "I'm Walkin'" and "I Cried for You" to "Mack the Knife" (which did not need to be remade) and "And the Angels Sing." Not one of her more essential releases, Lady Time does show that even at this fairly late stage in her career, Fitzgerald could outswing just about anyone.

Note:
In my opinion, Scott Yanow has not perceived the beauty of this recording, Ella and Jackie in perfect conjunction, accompanied by the omnipresent and delicate battery of Louie Bellson, without the grandiloquence of an orchestral support, Ella gives her voice to all its splendor.
 
////////

Traducción Automática:
Este LP coloca a Ella Fitzgerald (entonces 60) en un entorno inusual. Ensamblado solo por el organista Jackie Davis y la baterista Louie Bellson, aborda una amplia variedad de material que va desde "I'm Walkin '" y "I Cried for You" hasta "Mack the Knife" (que no necesitó ser rehecho) y "Y los ángeles cantan". No es uno de sus lanzamientos más esenciales, Lady Time demuestra que incluso en esta etapa bastante avanzada de su carrera, Fitzgerald podría superar a cualquiera.

Nota:
En mi opinion, Scott Yanow no ha percibido la belleza de esta grabación, Ella y Jackie en perfecta conjunción, acompañados de la omnipresente y delicada batería de Louie Bellson, sin la grandilocuencia de un soporte orquestal, Ella brinda su voz en todo su esplendor.


Tracklist:
1 - I'm Walkin' - 5:36
2 - All Or Nothing At All - 6:29
3 - I Never Had A Chance - 4:03
4 - I Cried For You (Now It's Your Turn To Cry Over Me) - 3:17
5 - What Will I Tell My Heart - 157
6 - Since I Fell For You - 4:26
7 - And The Angels Sing - 3:07
8 - I'm Confessin' (That I Love You) - 2:50
9 - Mack The Knife - 2:57
10 - That's My Desire - 3:02
11 - I'm In The Mood For Love - 4:36

Credits:
Drums – Louie Bellson
Organ – Jackie Davis
Vocals – Ella Fitzgerald

Producer – Norman Granz
Notes: Recorded in Los Angeles; June 19-20, 1978.









MORE Ella Fitzgerald ...





This file is intended only for preview!
I ask you to delete the file from your hard drive or device after reading it.
thank for the original uploader






 





No comments:

Post a Comment